Claim No: SCT 271/2023
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE SMALL CLAIMS TRIBUNAL
ORDER WITH REASONS OF SCT JUDGE HAYLEY NORTON
UPON this claim having been called for a consultation before SCT Judge Hayley Norton on 17 August 2023 with the Claimant in attendance and the Defendant’s representative in attendance
AND PURSUANT TORule 4.12 of the Rules of the DIFC Courts
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Defendant shall be renamed as ‘Miwan.
2. The case title shall be amended to ‘Mirtu vs Miwan.
SCT Judge and Assistant Registrar
Date of issue: 21 August 2023
SCHEDULE OF REASONS
1. This claim relates to an employment dispute between Mirtu and Miwan. The Claim Form dated 20 July 2023 in this matter appears to name the Defendant in this claim as Miwan and Mrut. In review of the Claim Form and the documents filed in support of it, it appears that the Claimant, upon filing the Claim Form, erroneously included the name for a representative of the company in this Claim.
2. The error made by the Claimant within the Claim Form is a common one and can be attributed to the nature of the Small Claims Tribunal (the “SCT”) insofar as litigants are self-represented, with legal representation being permitted on a conditional basis only subject to authorisation being granted by a judge of the SCT. The SCT’s practice in these circumstances is for the judge presiding over the consultation or hearing to discover an error of incorrectly named litigants or parties and recommend that the parties be correctly named going forward. I have determined that this order be made of my own initiative, to save time and avoid any delay in issuing the Order.
3. Therefore, it is hereby ordered that the Defendant shall be renamed, and the Case title shall be amended.